CURLY HAIR IS AN AWESOME CROWN TO WEAR. YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO WEAR IT RIGHT!

Labels

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Journey to Healing Acne


Hi curlies! Finally, I was able to visit the dermatologist last week because I could not take the severity of my acne breakout at all. As much as I wanted to heal it through research by trying different products, it didn't work out. They all seemed to  just aggravate my acne more. Gladly, my health insurance also arrived just lately, so off I went to see a dermatologist so that I could seek help from this expert. 

So far, I was diagnosed with acne vulgaris. I was advised to stay away from greasy, sweet food and dairy for the mean time as well as sleep early while healing this breakout. I've actually started all these for quite several weeks now.

The following medications and topical creams were prescribed to me:

1. Doxycycline - an oral antibiotic; taken twice daily immediately after meal

2. Cleocin-T - a topical antibiotic called clindamycin phosphate  in a form of solution to help quicken up the healing process by killing off the acne-causing bacteria

3. Differin Gel - a retinoid which will helps encourage new skin cell growth


It is my third day of religiously doing this medication routine. And I must say that there's a significant change on my skin. My acne has all calmed down. My face doesn't hurt or itch at all. My doctor said that it takes quite some time for my acne to heal before the scars are treated. But then, I am not in a rush. Waiting is not a problem for me. As long as my acne slowly heals, that's excellent! Maybe two, three months or more, we will all see.

I will be blogging about the progress of my skin once I got to finish taking all the oral antibiotic which is few days from now. Be posting before and after pictures, too! Stay tuned!

Has anyone of you went to a doctor and was given with these same medication? How was your experience? Let me know at the comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature